So the other day, I was cleaning my place, when I found a long wooden board hidden between the side of my door and closet. I was so excited. I NEW SURFACE TO PHOTOGRAPH FOOD ON!! This was probably the highlight of my week. That and the fact that I bought ice-cream bars…’cause on sale.
Proud to be weird and excited about random wooden boards. Proud to introduce my new found wooden board to this blog with some delicious Sweet Corn Chowder w/ Homemade Sourdough Croutons. Proud to type this post during a lecture on how to use wordpress.
Have a lovely weekend!
SWEET CORN CHOWDER w/ HOMEMADE SOURDOUGH CROUTONS ~serves 4
- 1 TB coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, sliced into rounds
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped into cubes
- 3 1/2 cups chicken stock (enough so all your vegetables are just covered, plus 1 cup more)
- 1/2 tsp both salt and pepper
- 2 cups frozen sweet corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup milk of your choice (I used 1% to keep it light, yet cream would also be delish if you’re feeling decadent)
Melt coconut oil over medium heat and saute onions and garlic until soft and translucent, about 10 mins.
Stir in potatoes and carrots, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
Add chicken stock, salt + pepper, bring to a boil, then reduce to low and simmer until potatoes and carrots are cooked, about 10 minutes.
Stir in corn and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Transfer soup to blender and puree, in batches if needed.
Return to heat, stir in milk and serve with sourdough croutons.
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 1 TB oilve oil (or coconut oil)
- salt and pepper
Toast bread until golden brown (I just used my toaster)
Transfer to cutting board and slice into 1cm cubes.
In a small bowl, add bread, olive oil, salt + pepper. Stir until croutons are coated and toss onto soup!